The Company currently have vacancies for Electro Technical Officers in its SOV fleet.
Electro Technical Officer is responsible for the following:
- Electric motor & alternator overhauls, cleaning, insulation testing and inspection.
- Thermographic scanning, recording and any remedial action found required.
- Maintenance and condition of all ships electrical lighting, power outlets, distribution panels, transformers, and portable electrical equipment.
- Maintenance and testing battery systems.
- Inventories management of electrical consumables.
- Maintenance and inspection of electrical test equipment, including tracking of equipment calibration.
- Carry out and verify electrical isolations, on behalf of Chief Engineer.
- Ensuring specific electrical tools are available and maintained in good condition.
- Assisting Chief Engineer and watch keepers with electrical fault finding.
- Maintenance and testing of control and navigation and communications equipment.
- Maintenance and testing of Dynamic Positioning and gangway/crane systems.
- Monitoring 3rd party personnel for correct and safe interface of their equipment to the vessel systems.
- Reporting any defects to the plant and machinery installed on board.
- The execution of actions to fulfil the approved company Planned Maintenance System, as directed, and to report progress made in this endeavour.
- Monitoring safe working practices of shore contractors during periods of maintenance.
- Actively promoting and progressing the company Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
- Actively promoting inter-departmental communications.
Experience with Energy storage system (Hybridisation) beneficial but not required.
Experience with Diesel electric systems preferred.
Experience with motion compensated gangway/crane preferred.
DP System Maintenance - Marine Technologies certification preferred
In return we offer a competitive salary, 28 days on/off rotation, contributory pension scheme and access to our Employee Assistance Programme.